Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ahh, heliport!

If you haven't read previous blog, this may not make too much sense. I inquired at the FAA regarding the city of Rockwall's fantasy that it could create a "no fly zone". As I thought, a bunch of pandering fools got it wrong. Again. (At best, I think the city could get an agreement from CareFlight.)

David,

I'm in the FAA's office of airports and my office considers landing area proposals (heliports) as they relate to safety of aircraft operations. The question you posed is an air traffic matter but I can give you the answer. FAA only considers implementation of a no fly zone would be to protect national security. As long as the helicopter is being operated in accordance with the FAA regulations for their operation, the FAA would not enforce a local ordinance.

Hope this helps,

Glenn A. Boles

Airspace Program Manager
FAA Airports SW Region
email: Glenn.A.Boles@faa.gov
phone: 817 222-5627

FAA SW Region, Airports Division
Attn: Glenn Boles, ASW-624
2601 Meacham Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76137

No comments:

Post a Comment