Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update!

Fret no more, I have found what I was looking for. Reminded me of one of my favorite passages from one of my favorite books, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. A conversation between Arthur Dent (his house is about to be demolished) and Mr Prosser (the bureaucrat in charge of the demolition):

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a torch."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

They are discussing some issues being introduced in the State House regarding HOA's.

The legislation and amendment are authored by Hon. Burt Solomons (R-District 65). The info about the bills can be found from links on that page or here.

The council meets on Thursday at 5pm. Be there and see squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment